Thursday, March 19, 2009

8. short & sweet: good news!

My radiation oncologist told me this morning that the tumor has shrunken by half! Already. After 4 zappings and 2 chemos. I still have to go the full 7 weeks, but he said that is a very good sign. Aside from my developing acne, which isn't so bad, and some tiredness and dull headedness (which may very well have nothing to do with the treatments), I haven't even experienced much in the way of side effects yet.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

The radiation tech gave me a web address for more info about the treatment. It's pretty interesting, for any of you geeks out there. www.tomotherapy.com. It's kind of an advt for the equipment, but you get a good sense of how the thing works. Boy are we lucky (those of us who need hi-tech treatments) to be living now. The device can regulate the hits of radiation so precisely it preserves the more sensitive areas surrounding the cancer.

I worship at the altar of science. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Great news Dave. Really happy to hear the encouraging words from your docs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kev! We've got our fingers crossed improvements continue.

    ReplyDelete