Friday, June 19, 2009

32. 3 things!

1. Had an entire portion of microwaved frozen lasagna last night. And I could kind of taste it! That's the most I've eaten so far.
2. Went for a run this morning with the dog! (Probably because I ate that whole lasagna portion last night.) Short, slow but VERY satisfying! That's how I spell relief. Yahoo!
3. Saw Dr. Lee, my supervising physician, for the first time since midway into treatment. He put the scope thing up my nose and perused the tumor site. Nothing there that he could see. He also put his finger up there and didn't feel anything. So far so good. I am to go in for my PET scan in a month and I'll see him again in 2 months. My tongue is still swollen and my throat is raw. I'm supposed to gargle with salt water, use Biotene mouth wash and anti-fungal med that I swish in my mouth (tastes disgusting). He said to eat whatever I can. I should be feeling better and better.

How's that for good news?! More to come.

d

2 comments:

  1. Good news so far--way to go---hope you start eating bagels and lox soon---we send our love, selma & Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Yeah, the taste thing will gradually improve. It may never be completely "normal", but it won't be so bad after a while. Really, the worst of it is over. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete